Friday 19 April 2013

Initial Shot Cropping & Framing

These four initials shots that I've processed are of a few models I may use for my final. You have a photo where I asked them to be themselves as they would be at home. For the other picture, I asked them to be who they would be when they are going out to a party/club. These are the shots:


 


After I had conducted these shots, I could see that there are transformations from before and after that was completely their choice. They could be the same, but in each photograph from before and after, they make the active choice of modifying their appearance. I wanted to re-create the framing and link the photographs together so that they link. This is initially what I Had:



First Shot Combination



Second Shot Combination


As you can see, the faces may not be completely symmetrical, but I was never sure of this set up. Trying to combine them as one person is almost against the message I'm trying to create. Seeing as the shots are of them as two different people (essentially their aesthetics recreate them, they need to be more separate, so I came up with this set up, still in the same Diptych style:





This now creates binary opposites of the two conflicting aesthetics that they present themselves in, and truly shows opposites between one look and the other. This maximizes the changes between the two different sides of each girl and makes it easy to see the parts that have undergone modification.

After this experimentation, I have decided that I shall present all my final images like these ones, and these may both feature in my final set after I complete all the photographs.



No comments:

Post a Comment