Thursday 18 April 2013

Aesthetics Inspirations

Within this post I shall show different visual inspirations, and how they will affect my final aesthetic. This post is to help me define exactly what I want my project to be in hopes I can narrow down the visual translation of my final idea.
------------



This first image for me shows a double indentity, almost as though the same person can be two different people, who's ideologies conflict and contradict. This idea of one person being two people is exactly what I want to communicate, except the difference being that they are aesthetically different, transforming what they look like so that they may be "acceptable" outside.

I picked this for the positioning and the amount that you can see in the image, also it shows as another example of this double imagery that I can see in my mind of how I want to present.


This hideous before and after is a scary example of how a girl is seen to be transforming herself. This image in particular though features a girl which is clearly of a younger age, barely even a teenager. Yet she is bombarded with this sexual ideals of the modern adult world, and assumes that her body must meets these "extra" requirements. Something like this should not even be of a concern for girl of this age, her mind should be developing elsewhere rather than being concerned of her looks.


With a before and after here, you can see lots of differences in the second image compared to the first - all courtesy of Photoshop. This particular transformation has smoothed out skin, created a slightly warmer tone in it, and removed wrinkles where necessary. The colours have also been deepened, and her entire facial shape slightly restructured for something more pleasing. Not only is this image lying to the female viewers, but it's dangerous for those who believe it to actually be true of how women should look. Those who believe so will then aspire to recreate, constantly trying to achieve the perfect Photoshop female who does not exist. A great example being the girl in the image before.


This is a very good representation of how I believe my project will turn out, although I'm not sure if I will join them, currently. The girl clearly shows two sides, one with a complete set of tools used to create a new look (lipstick, blusher, eye liner, etc) compared to everything removed. These opposition would not be the same for most men, so why should it be that most women would do it?


Another example where she has completed the same process in one picture. Why should it be that make-up is needed? Why should it be that we do not appreciate the aesthetics of femininity in human nature? This girl is beautiful without make-up, and yet she is inclined to cover herself. This imagery is where I draw my inspiration for my final shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment