Sunday 4 May 2014

Printing Preparation & Mounting

When it came to printing my images, I had to resize the images due to the fact I would be printing on Epson A2 250gsm Premium Photo Lustre paper, this required me resizing every photo and placing them all onto an A2 canvas ready to print at Uni. All images were put through a process of resizing from their 2:3 ratio layout, into an A3-sized document, and then pasted onto an A2-sized document for when I print them out. Due to the repetitiveness of the whole process, I decide to create an Action:




As you can see, this involves a process which can be automatically selected to "play" out. Simply by pressing the 'new' button, it opens up to rename it. I named mine A3 & 300dpi so they were all the same physical size and had the same dots per inch (just in case they werent). After you've done this, you hit 'Record' and it will record each part of the process that you do as you do it for the first time. Once complete, you press 'Stop' and the Action is complete. This helped me to resize everything exactly the same for printing in the DigiLab at Uni. 




Once they were printed, I headed over to UCA Maidstone to have them measured up and correctly spliced into the right sizes (as some were a little off) and then sticky-back mounted onto foam board. From there, the prints were placed together and packaged up in bubble wrap, ready to be unwrapped for the assessment/graduate show.


No comments:

Post a Comment