Wednesday 30 April 2014

Final Number/Sizing Justification

For my final collection of images, I have decided that it must be fairly substantial in it's proofing of the concept. For where I am looking into multiple locations and multiple angles, it is entirely worth showing more, than showing less. Too few, and it'll seem I am focusing too much on one location. Too many, and I risk repeating myself unnecessarily. This is why I've come to the final decision of 20 images, which equates to 10 diptychs.

"20 images / 10 diptychs"


This number is appropriate for my project because there isn't one location or one example of a facility overbearing these beautiful fragments of nature. I believe we are far from green energy in this country, and certainly haven't tried hard enough to camouflage these power stations into their environments. Visually, they are a distraction, and the implications they present towards the future of surrounding nature itself is questionable.

As to how I am to present these, considering the sheer number, I am left with a limited choice (whilst being aware of available space). I see no reason why they would have to be A4-sized, especially if there are only 20. A4 would be just a little too small for people to see details. A2 would certainly be edging out of available space, which naturally leads me to settling for A3, which I am happy with.

"A3-sized images"


With little else to work out but the chosen images themselves, the next task on my blogging agenda will be to choose the final arrangement and which diptychs should sit next to each other. That will be possibly the most exciting part of this all.

No comments:

Post a Comment