Tuesday 11 March 2014

Mini Photography Tour (Photoshoot #2)

Naturally, because my project involves photographing these power stations, I went away for a few days to visit select locations of some of them. The facilities I planned on visiting (in no particular order) were Ratcliffe Power Station, Didcot Power Station A, Iron Bridge Power Station, and Willington Power Station spread over a 3-day period. As I went through each location I found myself compelled to photograph the nature that was surrounding these locations as it was withering and dying. This may not be a direct result of all the facilities' existence, but it certainly pointed in the direction of them being somewhat responsible for the nature of our planet and it's response to the CO2 emissions we so carelessly release.







These photos were a small selection I had made from the many I had taken that represented a comparison between the two aspects of my project; Energy and Nature. Unfortunately, through my meticulous focus on the "aesthetically pleasing" I found myself post-processing it in a way that didn't best represent that idea. Thankfully, a few images stuck on. The first image was useful to see how such large objects block our view upon landscape, showing off the sheer scale and size of these power houses. I personally loved the second one, and would love to continue using it... although I cannot be sure if that would work until I've worked out a proper collection. The third one also can work if I choose to reprocess it and make it look a little more eerie and grubby, as that was the recommended aesthetic for my project. 




No comments:

Post a Comment