Wednesday 23 October 2013

Sparks of Interest

When I was figuring out what I wanted to write about, photograph, have an opinion on, I felt stumped right at the beginning of the year, I had no idea what I was going to look at for my Final Major Project. I was soon given a mini project task of finding an image that would be seen on the front of a newspaper, often because something special was to be happening with it. I thought it would be worth noting that my Major Project idea was sparked off of this miniature project where I had photographed the Battersea Power Station in all its remaining glory. 




I took this photo as a task which didn't present itself with a specific message needed, but more as an image that you may find in the newspaper for whatever reason. I wasn't aware however, that Battersea was under renovation to be created into a large complex of flats and shops, and this image certainly lent itself as something that may suggest this beautiful building was to becomes something more. I was also told of how this image was aesthetically pleasing, but didn't immediately suggest that it was related to energy. This sparked my interest to start looking into observing where modern society is with energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment