Tuesday 11 October 2011

Object Tutorial

I had my first group tutorial yesterday, which consisted of me presenting my ideas for the Object project. Unfortunately, due to my lack of initial passion and also my fixation on new lifestyle, I turned up almost empty handed. I soon scrapped some ideas together and ended up with something to do with Water and Light. It was very unspecific and only applied to the aesthetic I was aiming for, so unfortunately, I did not feel passionate about an issue. As my scrap of an idea was shown to be empty, tutorial moved on through the group where people’s ideas started to trigger the right thought process – I suddenly started to think about all the things in my life that concern me, especially of this moment in time, and I came up with a technology related idea – which always pleases me – I decided that I wanted to look at the obsession people have to constantly check their phones and to always check in with the 'second life' they have online – Facebook, Blogs, Twitter. People are constantly online, checking the news every few hours. People also spend so much time connecting through messaging systems such as SMS, BBM, Instant Messaging apps - and then there is the people that constantly play games too. All this time is spent aimlessly taking in information and outputting their own, almost disregarding the real life in front of them. So that is my starting point, looking at the obsession of technology. I think it’s all forward-moving from here on. Once I have a passion, I should have the drive to see it flourish and see the conclusion in all it’s beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment